Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Very superstitious...

...Writings on the wall..

OK. Enough Stevie Wonder. So tonight is the first game of the World Series between the Colorado Rockies and my beloved Red Sox. This time 2 years ago I was closing at work, listening to most of the first 4 games in receiving on the radio. And we won. Superstition dictates that I do the same for at least the first game. And I will be, at least the first 6 innings or so. I unfortunately can't remember what I was wearing that night...(yup, I have that much sports superstition)..though even if I could, the clothes have probably gone to charity via Dan's mom by now (courtesy of losing almost 15 pounds over the last year or so..)...so it's time to dig out my Dropkick Murphy CD for Tessie, replace my old red sox tee shirt (I had a Pedro Martinez shirt...I'm now torn between Beckett and Papelbon...but leaning towards Beckett....) and get ready for a great series between 2 teams riding hot streaks. You know where my loyalties lie though.

No comments: