Wednesday, October 3, 2007

knitting excitement

I got in to Ravelry, finally. They've really stepped up the invites (the number dropped pretty quickly for the number of people ahead of me). So far, I'm a fan. It's a nice way for me to have my stuff organized, but I didn't have to develop the database, which is lovely.

I've also finished a pile of projects...a pair of socks for a swap partner, my mom's epic green shawl (binding off 1200 stitches is NOT the most fun thing i've ever done in my life, to be frank). Cast on another pair of socks, knit a bit on Dan's socks...yeah, I'm doing real well at trying to not have a relapse of the tendonitis, aren't i! Oh, and I intend to cast on a pair of fingerless gloves for Dad for Christmas. I can't think of a blessed thing to get for the man, he doesn't wear the socks I knit because he says they're too warm, but he wears gloves outside all the time. Maybe I'll make the kind with the flipover mitten part for when he's shoveling snow or something. I dunno. Suggestions??

No comments: