Tuesday, October 30, 2007

halloween lite..

So today is halloween. No, your calendars aren't wrong..ok, it's technically something called Beggar's Night around here. I call it kinda dumb. The local towns decide what day they are going to celebrate Halloween, and what time the kids can go trick or treating. Where K lives, it's today. So we're taking her small ones out to ask for candy. Should be a good time, but I'm still a little hung up on the whole, "We'll decide when halloween is, thankyouverymuch". Someone notify the pagans...they might have a little something to say about it. I'm looking forward to it though, since I've never seen real trick or treating in neighborhoods....my hometown was just too small for that (in that, the houses were too bloody far away!)

Last night we made whoopie pies, too...frosting's almost right, but not quite. If anyone out there has a good frosting recipe for whoopie pies (must be dense and sugary), do let me know...we got closer on this one, but still not quite there...

No comments: