Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's officially fall!

I get to watch hockey on TV, the Red Sox are in the playoffs, and today was the first meeting of the Library Knitters in Yarmouth. Kate came with me, which was lovely (and very nice to hang out sans kids. Her kids are great, but it's nice for grown up time, too!) and I finally got to meet Nissa! At press time my beloved Minutemen are beating St. Lawrence, the Merrimack Warriors won last night (yay for Coach D and Coach Y!), and the Sox embarrassed Cleveland. I also got myself some lovely alpaca/silk yarn to make a pair of comfy socks out of...not meant for much more than slouching around, though that may change...the stitch definition is lovely. we'll see. I'm increasing the toe first, then going to see how many stitches I get, before i decide on a motif. I want these to fit me perfectly!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Its *always* nice to hang out without kids. I'm just glad I still have some semblance of personality when I'm not in charge of a battalion of small people.