Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's the biggest Dick's I've ever seen!

As said by me while leaving Peabody tonight with Kate and Sarah after dinner. I was, of course, referring to Dick's Sporting Goods, and the one there appeared to be 2 stories...just huge. Though really, it's funnier without the explanation.

Today was my second trip out to the Webs sale in Northampton. Saturday was spent with Carol, obtaining my Christmas present. Today was spent with Kate, spending more money on yarn. I now have enough yarn for 2 sweaters, and 2 hats, plus a new set of addi turbos and a sweater defuzzer. I also got yarn for a present which won't be given until the second half of the year, but the yarn I wanted was too good a deal to pass up (over 50% off regular price. SOLD.)

Following the trip to Webs (which was lovely and child-free, though I had, once again, a fiber overload and was a bit overstimulated...as cool as it is to be able to wander in the warehouse, it's a bit dangerous for me...the shelves are high, and piled with yarn, and there isn't anything in my immediate view that isn't yarn and I sort of OD...) we headed out to find some lunch. We'd originally decided on Bertuccis in Amherst, then decided to try Spaghetti Freddy's, and was thwarted there by their lack of lunch. In navigating Kate towards Amherst Center, we passed the Hangar. Yes, that would be much better for lunch. So I got yarn and wings from 2 of my favorite places, with one of my favorite people. Yup, successful afternoon.

We headed back east after lunch, collected the lovely Sarah from Logan, and headed northward for dinner. After some awkwardness on the part of the young man seating us (us: hello. him: did you say you wanted to place an order for take out? us: no. we want a table. him: what? kate: we'd like to eat now. him: oh. (sprinkle in some obvious flirting with Sarah, even after he mentioned the fact that he had a girlfriend ("my girlfriend has that shirt" yes, thank you.) we had a perfectly delicious dinner at Vinny T's, and headed home. All around, a good day, and I've just finished stringing beads on for an Odessa hat....but i think I need to sleep off some of the yarn coma first...

2 comments:

Kate said...

How on G's green earth were you able to still be awake at 3:00 in the morning?!? I was unconscious by 11:00.

I'm officially working, now, but am not certain I'm conscious still. Yarn is hard work.

Aitara said...

i wasn't. willing to bet the boy bumped my computer. I was passed out by 12 or so myself.