Tuesday, January 15, 2008

new skills and an update

So last night I learned the fabled "cabling-without-a-cable" trick from the lovely Kate. What makes this even more impressive is that she was able to deftly show me how to do it, despite the events of the earlier part of the day.
The super cool thing about this is that I no longer need to worry about having a spare needle with me to cable, nor juggling 3 needles at once. Truly, a cool thing. Yay, Kate! (she didn't invent it (right?) but she was patient and gracious enough to show me how to do it!)

I've also TOTALLY thrown the resolution out the window. I've already accepted 3 projects for other people, and we're only 3 weeks into the new year. Granted, one is for a friend's wedding (how can I turn something like that down!?), but still. Craziness. Though my Arwen sweater is coming along rather nicely...and much faster with the new cable skills.

In other knitting excitement, one of my pictures was chosen to be used on the Ravelry website! It's the picture of the elephant pacifier clip. Hooray! (and it's not even the original pattern..it's modded!)

(ok. I think this is disjointed and random enough...no more blogging first thing in the morning...)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Nope, I didn't invent it. I think I learned from grumperina's blog, maybe? Though I still want to get photos and post a tutorial on my blog... maybe while Sarah's still here, because Willem doesn't have the patience to take the 4000 pictures necessary to cull out a decent tutorial.

Congrats on the Ravelry thing! I think Willem's Aran sweater is similar... which is good, because it might as well get some use SOMEWHERE. Brat.

Off to save the world...

(and, um, 5:04 a.m.?!?)