Monday, January 21, 2008

a whine and a cheer

Ok, first, the whine. Bought some new lotion for my face the other day from my favorite cosmetics counter at Macy's (shut up, I do too own makeup...I just never wear it!) that's supposed to be lighter for daytime wear than my usual moisturizer. Well, after 2 days of use, it turns out I'm horrifyingly allergic to it. It was on my face approximately 5 seconds before it felt like my face was on FIRE. 14 hours later it still hurts, even after washing it off immediately and putting some calming lotion on it. ah well. At least I can return it (mom checked for me today)

Now for the cheer. Big big cheers to Kate Gilbert, for her damned clever pattern, Cardigan for Arwen. I'm presently knitting the left front, and was a little verclempt over having to keep track of two different cable rows (so I thought). But I was wrong. I misjudged the pattern, and her cleverness. The first part of the sleeve is shaped by short rows. By the time the short row shaping is done, both cable panels are on the same row. Just damned clever. Much love to Kate, and the pattern.

No comments: