Sunday, January 6, 2008

A year of knitting for me...

I'm not usually one for new years resolutions...too easy to break, and usually fairly trite. I'd rather get my act together and fix things that need fixing, simply because they need fixing, or changing, not because I've hung a new calendar on the wall.
Anyhow.
As a result, I suppose, of not one, but TWO trips to Webs for their annual sale, I now have two sweaters worth of new yarn...for me! I've spent a lot of time over the last couple of years knitting for others, and knitting almost nothing for me. (Even stuff I've knit for me I don't get to keep...see people's exhibit a, my lavender socks. Mom has them now.) So this year I'm going to try and knit more for myself, and a little less for others. Not because I don't enjoy gift knitting, but because maybe it's time I get something out of this too (aside from enjoying the process of knitting itself).

I'm already feeling like a terribly productive knitter, and the year is only 6 days old. 2 projects done and another cast on (for those of you keeping score at home, the double cable scarf for Molly's birthday, and an Odessa hat for me are done, and I've casted on the Arwen cardigan in dark blue....very excited!)

here's to another year of knitting, only this time around, more for me, and less for others.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like a worthwhile resolution.

Says someone who has the yarn for THREE sweaters for herself in the stash. I think I can, I think I can...