Sunday, May 4, 2008

A well timed dose of cute

I've been sick for right around a week. Finally on the other side of things (getting better, instead of getting worse), but things tend to improve slowly in my lungs. Yesterday Kate asked if I might be interested in taking her kids to the evil mouse place for dinner and general chatter. I'd initially thought I wouldn't be up for anything, as I had totally lost my voice the night before. However, when the new day dawned, my voice had mostly returned from it's vacation. So I extracted myself from my couch (where I've been pretty well entrenched when not at work lately), put on clean clothes (a miracle in itself) and headed southward. I made a stop at work to get a little paperwork done while waiting for Kate and the kids, and to try and make up a little time from when I left sick last week.
Upon seeing Kate and her kids, I instantly felt better than I had in a few days. Maybe it was the human contact with someone different. Maybe it was the adult conversation, plus knitting chatter, over mushroom pizza which loomed large. But not a small part of it was due to a certain 3 and 8 year old duo...game tokens in hand, scurrying off for adventure. Something about those two just brightens my whole mood. So, thanks Kate. and J and E...you guys are better medicine than anything I can get at the drugstore. (now, if we can just figure out how to bottle J's energy...)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Aww, sweet. You can have them whenever you want them.

Seriously. Anytime.

Just say the word.

How about now?