Friday, May 2, 2008

effing spring

So, just as I get promoted at work (Assistant Store Manager, thankyouverymuch), and thus can't take as much time off, I get sick. Thought it was allergies, then had to have strep throat ruled out, and have now summarily lost my voice. damn it. I'm mildly cranky about it, simply because I'm just not in the mood to be sick. My allergies are bad enough without being sick on top of it.


There. just needed a pity party for a second. On to happier news. I got my swap package from my lovely knitty sp (I *think* it was Criosa, but she has yet to confirm or deny that fact). Got some yummy chocolate, even yummier misti alpaca laceweight yarn, some alpaca sock yarn, and some awesome bath and body works japanese cherry blossom body wash, lotion and body spray.
I also made my very own wrist row counter/abacus. Took some fiddling, and I need a few more beady type accessories (as well as a pair of pliers that don't SUCK), but the first go round was pretty good. Pretty blue beads and necklace gauge wire. Pics when I find new batteries for the digicam...

No comments: