Saturday, February 16, 2008

Insufficiency

Ever have days where you just don't quite feel good enough? At anything? I've been having a spate of those lately, culminating in my breaking down in tears in my doctor's office on Tuesday. We agreed that upping the dose of my Lexapro, and seeing a counselor might not be a half bad idea. There's a lot of residual garbage left over in the nooks and crannies of my brain, a lot of it from 3 summers ago, when Dad had his accident. And a lot of trouble letting go of guilt (something I've long had trouble with). So I think this will be a good thing...maybe not initially, but most growth has a little pain associated with it, no? And maybe, just maybe, I'll start to see myself as Kate does.
I sure hope I can...but this time, I'll do it for me. Not anyone else.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I think you can, I think you can, I think you can...