Saturday, November 17, 2007

giving thanks

Good lord, it's the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's the earliest it can ever be (with 11/1 falling on a Thursday this year) but seriously...already?! It didn't occur to me that it was coming so quickly until mom asked what I wanted her to bring...my response of, "how the hell do i know, i haven't gotten that far!" was met with, "Thanksgiving is in a week, you know." oh shit.
At least this year I don't seem to be possessing any insane ideas to knit my sister a lap blanket before Christmas...instead i have a baby blanket to complete. at least it's smaller...though 24" of stockinette...
This year I'm doing next to nothing for gift knitting. the scarf intended for my little sister won't be done before April (when she returns from her European skating adventure), so I pretty much just have the fingerless gloves for dad to knock out...and the first one is almost halfway done. then to felt them, then done. voila.
So I think i'll watch the Mythbusters Supersize special for the 3rd time this week (the first time, in fairness, was interrupted by the season premiere of Project Runway. I'll opine on that later) and do a little mindless stockinette. I got way too frustrated over a video game tonight, and need to put myself into a bit of a timeout. a soothing, repetitive, stockinette filled timeout. ohhmmmmmm

No comments: