Friday, November 23, 2007

gift knitting

I've opted for a much shorter gift knitting list for this year..pretty much just 2 things. a scarf for mom that's over half way done, and a pair of fingerless gloves for dad, that are being started for the third time. (first restart is because i'm smarter than i give myself credit for...I got superwash yarn so that dad COULDN'T shrink his gloves, and yet planned on felting them.moron. second restart is on smaller needles..i'm not thrilled with the gauge i'm getting on the current set, so i'm going down 2 sizes from 7s to 5s.) I'm working on a clapotis for my sister, but since she won't be back from Europe until April, and I don't want it getting lost somewhere in Europe (4 skeins of pink malabrigo, tyvm), it can wait. though i got a bunch done yesterday, thus continuing my tradition of knitting a gift for my sister on thanksgiving.
I've got a set of socks in process for Dan that I'll try to finish if I get time...Sorry, charity knitting, but monday nights might belong to gifts for the next couple of weeks...plus i still need to finish the baby stuff for k's sister. hoo boy. that list is longer than i thought. here it is, in bullet form:

-Fingerless gloves for dad
-Scarf for mom
-baby wrap blanket for k's sister
-Clapotis for molly
-baby hats x2 (k's sister and my cousin)

No comments: