Saturday, August 11, 2007

cautious excitement

ohhhhkay! SO! I'm practically twitching as I write this, I'm so geeked. I might have found a car! It's a 1998 VW Golf, very low mileage (really!), and the price is right. I haven't test driven it yet (it just got on the lot this morning and hasn't been through the shop yet. The dealer I was working with said he didn't want me driving it before it was all fixed up and be disappointed in it. a good man, that one. Proof? You want proof of this guy? ok. I'll oblige. The car in question had tentatively been sold already by the time we got there. He was disappointed for me, because he said it would be in my price range, and probably a perfect car for me. Dan and I were equally bummed, but thanked him for his time, and asked him to call if any other cars like that came in. We leave, head back towards home, make it about to where I work, when the phone rang. It was the same dealer. The deal on the car had fallen through, and was I interested in seeing it? You bet your sweet ass I was. So we turned around and headed the 10 minutes south again. it's perfect. stick shift (yes!), 4 door (yes!) and has a SUNROOF. (awesome!). So hopefully the test drive will happen Monday or Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: