Thursday, May 14, 2009

Someday..

I'll get around to sifting out my recipes and putting them on an attached blog, or something, to differentiate from the knitting/random stuff blog topics. Until such time (which, let's face it, I'm lazy so....never), the subjects will remain mixed together.
Without further ado, here's a random smattering of what I've been up to, am listening to, etc...

New music: The Johnnies debut album, the new Decemberists (both are amazing, get them NOW)

Knitting projects: pay no attention to the column to the right of your screen. It's full of lies. Also, I'm working on other stuff.

I'm currently on a muffin baking kick. It might be just a one day kick, but it's a reasonably epic one...4 different kinds of muffins today, all with different batters. Blueberry, lemon raspberry, honey corn, and morning glory (my own take on them, though...no nuts or raisins, thankyouverymuch, but added some oats...subbed applesauce for 3/4 of the oil...came out AWESOME.)

Dinner tonight was a take off of a fabulous pasta dish my uncle made last weekend. Whole wheat penne, tossed with: olive oil, shallots, garlic, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, spinach, chicken and sundried tomatoes. added a little dried thyme and kosher salt at the end. ohmygod. amazing.

Other excitement: wedding planning is at a standstill, due entirely to laziness and end of the semester stuff for Dan, logged some quality baby time while K finished up a project, shoved my foot in my mouth regarding dinner with dad last night and a comment about unemployment to K (guh. studip studip studip....think, madigan. THINK.)

So, yeah...nothing super exciting...off to watch game 7 of the Bruins/'Canes series....

1 comment:

Kate said...

I haven't checked blogs of any sort in weeks and weeks... but you can rest assured, whatever unemployment comment happened, rolled right off. I can't even remember what it might have been.

I also can't remember where I put my keys, and if it's not on a list, I can't remember to buy it at the store.