Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Regrets...

So Kate has started a little blog activity, to post at least once a week on Weds, writing about a given topic. Since my brain seems to be in need of a little creative stretching, I figure it's worth a shot.

Most of my major regrets at this point seem to stem from high school. Some are much more benign than others, almost petty, really, but regrets nonetheless. I will say, while there are times when I think about why I did or didn't do something, I will inevitably follow that thought train until I get to the realization that if I hadn't made the choices I did, I wouldn't be where and who I am now...and by and large, I like myself.

Do I regret leaving Mt.Ararat a year early? Sometimes. Not so much for the education though, but for the people I left behind. At the time, I felt like I was pretty well written off by my classmates, so I fell out of touch pretty quickly with most of them. Now, however, I'm happy to hear from them, but wonder just how much I missed over the last 10 years....

Do I regret not taking my graduation money and hitting Europe? Definitely. However, I have a honeymoon coming where that can all be remedied.

I'm sure there are other things I will think of (and of course, add) as the day goes on...

3 comments:

Kate said...

I like your self, too.

And if Dan won't take you on that European honeymoon, then we'll plan a tour in ten years. Deal?

Baino said...

I couldn't agree more about having regrets but moving on or learning from them. Heh! That's the beauty of Facebook I guess, you can rekindle those highschool friendships providing you're prepared for the change in your teen pals! Can be a culture shock!

Aitara said...

Kate-
You're on!