Friday, April 4, 2008

rainy day meme

**edit** time to lay out where the rest of these quotes came from!


1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.

And one rule for those of you filling it out:
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.

1. I'm Ralph Cox. I'm from wherever's not gonna get me hit.
Lisa got this one first, it's from Miracle.
2.I need to call a phone. Do you mind if I use your cab?
**IQ, line is Meg Ryan to Tim Robbins
3.It won't affect me, I'm already a woman.
Mary gets this one...Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies!)
4.That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have.
**Garden State
5.You've got red on you.
**Shaun of the Dead
6. I'm calling the organization of the United Brotherhood of It's None of Your Damn Business, Lewis. I'll be with you in a second.
Kate got this one first, with the American President
7. Savvy?
JML got this one, it's the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
8. Are you a god? No...
Willem was the first for this one, Ghostbusters.
9. Mother, you've copied me on the financial standings of this company for 17 years. You just assumed I couldn't read.
**Sabrina, the new one with Harrison Ford, Greg Kinnear, and Julia Ormond
10. Seville, like an orange. And something of that genus complexion.
**Much Ado About Nothing, Kenneth Branaugh version.
So start your guesses! I'm not going to tag anyone...just do it if you want to, and tell me if you do!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

#8 is Ghostbusters. I don't know any of the other ones. I thought #1 was Chevy Chase for some reason and then I felt really stupid when I looked it up. I am ashamed.

Aitara said...

you'd bloody well better be ;)

(though, really, thanks for playing along!)

Kate said...

Not one. I didn't know one. Not even Ghostbusters. I'd blame it on illness, but I've really only been sick from the neck down.

I am ashamed. Though the "You've got red on you" is killing me, I KNOW I've seen it. Heard it. Something.

Kate said...

No! Wait! Stop the Presses!

#6 is The American President.

OK. Better now.

JMLC said...

#7 is one of (all of?) the Pirates of the Caribbean movies...

Lisa said...

The only new information I bring is that #1 is Miracle.

I knew Ghostbusters, and I knew I knew the American President, but I couldn't for the life of me remember the actual movie.

Kate said...

P.S. You've been tagged. :)

mary said...

ha! #3 is hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, right?

Aitara said...

yes ma'am!